Share |

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Driftwood

Follow 
StrandMusic 
on Twitter
Years ago I was introduced to an author named Regena Thmashauer who writes books about the womanly arts. She dubs herself Mama Gena as she considers herself the Mama to all the Sister Goddesses she trains through her books and at her School of Womanly Arts. While her books are fluffy at times, ultimately I think they're great for owning your beauty, pleasure, sass and manifesting your desires. I was even a member of the Los Angeles chapter of Sister Godesses.

She introduced me to many ideas, but there are two that have not only worked their way into my permanent memory and vocabulary, they are the two I share most with people and especially my female friends.

First and foremost: DRIFTWOOD!

I explain it like this:

Let's say you've been seeing someone who seems to be a really good fit for you. But it doesn't work out for whatever reason. (I've been there, so I can relate!) Well, that's no reason to get discouraged, in fact, it's a reason to be encouraged because that means you're close. It's just driftwood! Sailors knew they were close to land when they started seeing pieces of driftwood - it was a good sign for them that land was near and their journey was coming to an end. Well, these men that you've been dating, they are just driftwood. Be not dismayed! Land is near! (Land being that guy is who just the right fit for you - for as long as you choose.)

Dig?

So...Mama Gena didn't come up with driftwood exactly, this is just her spin on an old sailing term. I like it and from what I understand, it has caught on like wildfire among certain groups of friends. Please, share this with them so that they may pass it along to their girlfriends. For me, it gave me relief when I felt frustrated about men who were close...but not quite right (or the even more confounding and frustrating ones who seemed right but didn't last).

Next time you hear yourself or your girlfriends (aka Sister Goddesses) frustrated or complaining about another dating situation that didn't work out, tell them about driftwood and forward this blog to them. It'll help. 

For the second Mama Gena tip that I share most frequently, subscribe to this blog (if you're not already), because I'll be writing about it in the very near future. Trust me, you'll want to tune in as it's juicy, effective, and it involves your nether-regions.

Just for fun, here's a video of Mama Gena on Conan O'Brien from 2004. It's a bit saucy, but ultimately fun. Plus, it's great to see Conan get squirmy around her vulva puppet. Enjoy!



Follow 
StrandMusic 
on Twitter


More Interesting Katie Strand World Post
New Music
&
Posts 
at
Katie Strand 
Music
 

No comments:

Post a Comment