Share |

Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day Dreams



Follow 
StrandMusic on Twitter

Last night I had one of the most unexpected dreams I've had in a while.

Here's the background of the players:

I was working for this guy, Jeremy, who I worked for in 2008 for about 2 months. Jeremy was a friend of mine and he had hopes of selling his company to me when he retired (with the money I'd make as his protege), as he liked me, and thought I'd do the job well. It was in music business, by the way.

Well, I did not like the job and the job did not like me. It might've had something to do with his #2 guy, who was unclear and difficult to work with - for me at least. It might've had something to do with the fact that a lot of my professional life has been spent working behind the scenes in television and film. Some may think the tv/film industry is crazy and weird, but it is usually organized. At least the stuff I work on which tends to be fully-funded, documentaries or commercials that are actually seen by more than family and friends. No offense intended to the low-budget stuff, but I've heard the low-budget productions are beasts of disorganization and disgruntlement. From what I understand this usually arises from giving too many inexperienced people jobs they don't know how to do. The ones who are experienced can't always tame the beast to make things run smoothly, so there are lots of snags and unforeseen obstacles.Well, the music business made the television and film business look ethical, organized and sane. (At least that's how it felt to me.) Ultimately, I left the job. Jeremy and I, unfortunately, haven't really hung out since then. But he pops into my mind from time to time, and I miss his friendship. He's crass and hard-nosed, but ultimately a good, smart guy with a great, albeit sick, sense of humor.

Here's the basic run-down of the dream:

I was working for Jeremy again, only I was hired by a few of the guys that I hired as interns during my brief stay in his company. Jeremy was out of town. His #2 guy was no longer with the company. There was something about that in the dream. Oh, yes. There it is. (I had to dig it out of my dream memory.) #2 was fired because he started using and dealing some sort of drugs again. No bueno. So anyway, I'm working at his company, sort of as the office manager or something (a job, for the record, I am not interested in), and all of us who worked there (a very pleasant bunch this time around), went to Jeremy's house to fix something up before he returned from his vacation. When Jeremy returned, this previously single and child-less man came home with a wife and child. The child was brown (which Jeremy is not, nor was his dream-wife), a la Sandra Bullock's adoption, and his wife was a 40 year-old woman who was gorgeous and retired rock-star or something.

The dream ended with me working at a tall, almost star-trek like station (but set in dark wood) that was 6 feet tall and like a command station. Well, this thing would not stop beeping. Like a truck backing up, beep.....beep.....beep.....beep. Every 3 seconds. I kept pushing buttons and I even turned it off and it still beeped! Turns out it was Marcus' dialysis machine signaling something wasn't working right and I had just integrated it into my dream.

I had to call Jeremy this morning to tell him about my dream. It was nice. I was a little nervous, but ultimately we had a nice little chat and we have tentative plans to get together next week. He has no brown child that he knows of, though maybe that's in his future.... The power of suggestion.

I plan on doing a full interpretation of this dream since I know how to do that now (part of hypnotherapy training), so I'll let you all know if anything interesting arises. I am curious to learn what my subconscious mind is venting or trying to tell me.

Maybe it was brought on by Memorial Day. I know Memorial Day is for remembering those men and women who died serving our country, but maybe my subconscious wanted to extend it to loved ones I've lost touch with. So, it gave me this dream to facilitate reuniting. Looks like my subconscious is my friend again, after only a few days of distention and resistance. Whew!

Follow 
StrandMusic on Twitter

More Interesting Katie Strand World Posts
New Music
&
Posts 
at
Katie Strand 
Music

No comments:

Post a Comment