Share |

Friday, February 26, 2010

Songwriting is like SEX

Songwriting is like sex.

I know, I know. It sounds crazy. But here's why:

There are qualities about songwriting, that when taken out of context, sound very similar to my other favorite activity.

CASE & POINT
When songwriting, I almost always:
  • Loose track of time
  • Feel elated, high & on fire
  • Want to try different angles & perspectives
  • Get a little frustrated when I can't finish, even when I'm really enjoying the process
  • Afterward, I feel fantastic... sort of super-hero like, especially when I finish (more than one in a session is exponentially better...)
  • It makes the rest of the day SO much better
  • Sometimes...I want to try something new, innovative & different
  • Sometimes...I want to go with the trusty, works-every-time technique
  • Usually when it's really great, I want to tell people about it
  • It gets better every time
  • I feel happier, calmer, more sane & more peaceful when I do it on a regular basis


Wait, what are we talking about? Oh, right. Sex. No, wait. Songwriting.

See what I mean?

Leave a comment and let me know what you think.

What's as good as sex for you? Maybe if we all followed this bliss the world would be filled with much happier and more peaceful people...or maybe we'd all just be running around humping fire hydrants.


[DISCLAIMER: May cause extreme happiness, joy, satisfaction, and increased libido. Please practice safe songwriting with a trusted partner, and consult with your doctor before songwriting on a bi-daily basis. If you songwrite for more than four hours straight, please contact a doctor or producer.]

No comments:

Post a Comment