Share |

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Dick Morris... How do you sleep at night?

Must be with a serious cocktail of Bourbon laced with OxyContin...

People, I didn't mean for this blog to be political, but I feel like I have no choice here. First Rusty DePass makes his absurd, racist and rude comments about Gorillas and Michelle Obama. I thought we'd hit a new conservative-sh*t-slinging low, but once again, my low-expectations were much to high for the conservative media and their go-to journalists and politicians.

The infraction I speak of, of course, is Dick Morris' vile opinion spewing on Fox News regarding the release of Laura and Euna Ling from their 140-day detainment in North Korea; thanks in no small part to Bill Clinton's meeting with North Korea's Kim Jung Il.

I agree that any representative of the United States negotiating for the release of one of our citizens - journalist or otherwise, shouldn't compromise the safety or wellfare of other American citizens or civil liberties for said release. But there is no evidence this was done by Clinton or anyone else involved in the release of the Ling sisters. If a photo-op with Bill Clinton, and some positive press for North Korea - in the slew of negative-press about North Korea - is the price we've paid for the release of these two women, then maybe we should send Clinton and a photographer over to Iraq, because I'd like to see the stop-lossed soldiers home, with their families and with their full G.I. Bill.

What if this was you, or one of your family members? I feel certain you'd retort with something like, "Well, my family members and I would never go into North Korea, so this wouldn't happen to us..." But, come on. First of all, you should be ashamed for siding with North Korea and saying these women should "face the consequences" of their excursion into North Korea. Because that's what you're doing - siding with North Korea and implying that their sentencing of these women was fair. Secondly, is this the legacy you want to leave with your name? You have some health issues, I can tell just by looking at you, and I truly am sorry because I wouldn't wish bad health on anyone. But regardless of your state of health, you are in the latter part of your life, so I'd think seriously about what you're saying and how you're portraying yourself to the world. I again ask this very serious question, Is this the legacy you want to leave with your name? Because it's an ugly, heartless legacy, and I'm sure you are not, wholly, a heartless man. So what gives, Dick Morris?

Also, as far as "facing the consequences," isn't 140 days long enough a punishment for crossing into North Korea?

I'm getting more frustrated the more I reflect on this. How about this, Dick Morris. I bet we could find someone to simulate a North Korean detention center for this little experiment. How about someone gets you and subjects you to the same treatment and conditions Laura and Euna were subjected to. Let's see how you handle it for 140 days. Before this experiment, we'll give you some fake information on nuclear war-heads, but you won't know it's fake, and we'll see how long it takes you to a) crack, and b) beg for Bill Clinton to come meet with Kim Jong Il on your behalf. See how long it takes. I'd bet you'd last 5 days on the outset. Maybe a week if you got to hide your OxyContin in a cigar tube up your you-know-what. But I'd never really condone doing this to you, because that would be cruel and heartless. I suppose it's punishment enough you have to live with yourself day-in and day-out.

How do you sleep at night?




No comments:

Post a Comment