Share |

Thursday, June 10, 2010

All About Steve

Follow 
StrandMusic 
on Twitter

Apparently this movie was on the Razzie list of worst movies and Sandra Bullock won worst actress for her performance in All About Steve, but I, personally, enjoyed this movie. (Ironically she won Best Oscar for The Blind Side the same weekend.)

I rented it with Marcus over the holidays while visiting my family in Minnesota. My Mom watched it with us and we all just giggled.

It's not thoroughly thought-provoking. It's not Oscar-winning or even Oscar-nominated, but if you're in the mood for something simple, entertaining, and unexpected, get this movie on your netflix. Sure, it's a bit hokey. And while watching it, I remember thinking, I can understand why this movie wasn't super successfull. But still, it's sort of a cute movie.

If for nothing else, see this movie for the red boots. Because..."they make my toes feel like ten friends on a camping trip."

One last note. I just adore Sandra Bullock and not just because we share ethnic (slavic) heritage. Seriously. It's hard not to like her, am I wrong? In the midst of all of this personal shit with her marriage, she went on the MTV Movie awards asking that things to back to normal. She's not going anywhere, therapy's expensive, and let's just go back to everyone "making fun of me." That's what she said. Here's the MTV Movie Awards video, and below is a preview of All About Steve. (Two notes about the MTV Movie Awards: Tom Cruise's performance was pretty spectacular. Guess he's had so many meetings with these exec types that he nailed this character. Nailed it! The Sandra Bullock and Scarlet Johansson kiss was pretty hot. Pretty hot!)




Here's a trailer if you need a preview:




Follow 
StrandMusic 
on Twitter


More Interesting Katie Strand World Post
New Music
&
Posts 
at
Katie Strand 
Music

No comments:

Post a Comment