Share |

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Hairiosity!


Follow 
StrandMusic 
on Twitter

A few blogs ago I threw down a new edict, which was that we should all hold each other when we laugh. The blog was A hugging, laughing, happy mess, and it's one of my favorites.

Well, I'd like to propose another edict, but you have to send me the resulting pictures so I can compile and share them.

Instead of walking in another man's (or woman's) shoes, how about posing in another person's hair? It's much less unpleasant than it sounds.
Whether you have long hair, short hair, no hair, straight hair or curly hair, we all at some point have had some sort of hair envy or at the very least, hair curiosity (henceforth known as hairiosity) about what it would be like to have a different kind of hair than what our genetic lottery bestowed upon us.

So here's what you do to explore your own hairiosity. You need at least three people. To start with, one person will be the temporary hair donor and they have to possess medium length to long hair. That's the only limitation. It also works best if you have a chair or couch. Here's the set up: You take the subject, who's getting the temporary hair transplant, and have them sit down in the chair. The temporary "donor" stands behind them. The photographer helps style the hair and takes the photo so that the "donor" is framed out of the picture for the majority of the pictures. You'll want to have at least one picture that shows the whole scene for the behind-the-scenes photos. 

It's fun and hilarious and silly for those participating, and I really love looking at the pictures too. Please do this on your own with your friends and neighbors, and send me the photos! I'll compile them and continue to update my hair segment of KS World.

Here are the hair sessions I've done with my friends. I plan on more in the near future.

This is my friend Sally with hair donated by me. She looks rather sheik, don't you think? My hair looks very asian on other people. Check it:

This is Erika. Doesn't she look asian with my hair? You'll see her real hair on me in future photos. She is one of the best temp hair donors ever because she has this long, curly hair. Those orange-cloaked arms belong to yours truly. The photog was still learning how to frame. This one's better:



Here are the guys hanging with us that night.
 
I swear they all look straight out of twisted sister, or maybe Spinal Tap. Or maybe just the early 90s.


I always wondered what it would be like to have dread locks... so I could look up and ponder things in them. One little photo shoot doesn't tell enough, I suppose, but I do look rather Rastafarian, don't you think?

Last, but certainly not least, my favorite hairiosity photos of me with Erika's fabulously full and curly hair. This doesn't even look like me, but rather like my long-lost crazy Jewish cousin from Long Island (pronounced with a hard "g" on Long, and a long "eye" and "a" for Eye-land.)
 


Please try it for yourselves and send me your hairiosity photos with the story so I can compile and post them.

Here's one more behind-the-scenes shot of the maiden hairiosity voyage with Sally (and Gabriela - off camera).
Follow 
StrandMusic 
on Twitter


More Interesting Katie Strand World Posts
New Music
&
Posts 
at
Katie Strand 
Music

No comments:

Post a Comment