Share |

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Is Jake Pavelka a douche bag?


Follow 
StrandMusic 
on Twitter

I know people who've worked on The Bachelor and Bachelorette. In theory, I think it's sort of an interesting social experiment. But I can't stand to watch the show. I've tried. It's in the news. There seems to be intrigue, but they draw everything out so much, it makes me annoyed and impatient. Not very zen, I know, but I think the last thing the bachelor is about is being zen.

This latest one, of which I watched maybe one episode, had a guy named Jake Pavelka. During the show, he seemed like a bit of a tool. I can objectively see that he's cute and has an attractive body, but the minute he opens his mouth or even makes a face, douche!

I wish it were different. I wish The Bachelor would actually cast people who are actually compelling, attractive (holistically), intelligent, and funny. But it seems the priority of The Bachelor is to cast douche-bags and ditsy, silicon-stuffed, cat-fighting women.

Part of why I think Jake is a douche bag is because I've been watching Dancing with the Stars. This show also drags things out tremendously, but at least there's dancing, which I like, and though I haven't watched most of the seasons, Pamela Anderson and Niecy Nash were too enticing for me to pass up. Pamela, it seems, can't help dripping with sex no matter what she's doing; Niecy never fails to entertain and draw laughter. It's mindless but entertaining and a nice way to unwind or take a break from my hypnotherapy studies, blog and book writing.

But every time Jake opens his mouth to answer interview questions, or talks to his partner during rehearsal, or just says some cheesy line to the camera, my stomach literally turns. Marcus says he's a tool, but douche bag is description that keeps coming up for me.

Does anyone else feel this way or am I just being critical?

Has anyone out there ever interacted or worked with him so they can weigh-in?

I hope I'm wrong, but he just seems like an attention-hungry, desperate, douche-bag.

Sorry, Jake. Hope I'm wrong. If I'm not, please take a break from the reality-show circuit, and get yourself to an Ashram to spend some time introspecting. Even if you come out spouting spiritual but douchey vernacular, at least you'll give America a break from your mug.



Follow 
StrandMusic 
on Twitter

More Interesting Katie Strand World Posts


New Music
&
Posts 
at
Katie Strand Music

No comments:

Post a Comment