Share |

Saturday, December 16, 2017

Lovemore Said That It Is All a Gift

Cried sobbing breakdowns in two different alleyways last night. 


That's a first. Alleyway breakdown. Take me to the Alley...


Danced my ass off too. That was fantastic. Thanks Clare & Seth. 🤗 Being out at a karaoke bar and dance club required improvisation for said breakdowns. 


For years we had been modifying, honing, taking respite, adjusting protocol, researching, tweaking, keeping records. I told Marcus Lovemore I wanted to be in the best shape of my life. It took us almost nine years, but I'm just about here. It's... marvelous. I realized very recently that as an artist, my default tool is myself... my mind, my voice, my hands (guitar piano) my body, and why I kept seeking this muscular healthy state wasn't vanity (that was confusing because I assumed it was at least partially vanity), my life as fodder, and my first instrument is me. Sounds strange. Anyone get what I mean? 


But because I want to be able to create with my instrument in the most limitless way possible.... The way of no way! 😂 shout out Bruce Lee! ...my instrument has to be highly honed, tuned, exercised, oiled, massaged and protected... or the tone won't be as rich. 


Flying to Minnesota today. Come out & play if you're in Minneapolis. I'll be in Duluth Dec 19-? Prob dec 30. 


Thanks for being there so that I may share this surprising and transformational experience. 


Reuben Langdon

Derron Ross

Jeff Croteau

Tennyson Ewing Stead

Jeff Perkowitz

Kate Helen Goodman Eiynck

Karyn Smith-Forge

Nadia Tene

Gregory Porter

Piper Monique Dellums

Carl Hansen

Paz Fernandez


P.S. Anyone worried for my safety. I've got angels showing up everywhere and my sensitivity for people's energy is off the charts, higher than ever before in my life so... last night it was a security guard named "Haven" no kidding. Remind me to share the security guard story about Marcus another time. 


I've got this people. I need lots and lots of support and love and compassion and help but I'm "in the flow."  Cry, breathe, laugh, dance, eat, work, breathE, sing, play, sleep... 


New song new lyric: 

Lovemore said that it is all a gift

Connect to me I've got your assist 

I don't want to do this solo

Baby worry not you're in the flow



"Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature." - Michael Faraday

No comments:

Post a Comment