Share |

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

My Favorite Things...Air Detox by Dr. Schulze

Originally published August 3, 2010

Recently, I shared the following information with a friend, and it reminded me that one of My Favorite Things is Air Detox by Dr. Schulze. So here's my Air Detox blog. (We have no endorsement deal as of yet, so I just share this because I truly like this stuff.)

The cool thing, and the reason it's one of my favorite products, is because we've discovered how useful it is for more than what the product was originally intended for. I like multi-purpose. Like coconut oil, milk and cream - it can be used for savory and sweet dishes. (I love multi-purpose clothing too like sarongs & reversible jeans/leggings, but that's another blog!)

One added note: Please know what you're using when you spray and use products at your home. Febreeze is very popular and understandably so - it does what it claims, right? It rids your space of odors, but the pertinent question is: how does it do that? Well, here's a website (Sustainable Baby Steps) that explains and lists some of the chemical ingredients. Scary! Here's a snippet (THIS IS ONLY A SAMPLE, FOLLOW LINK FOR LONGER LIST OF INGREDIENTS:
"Below you'll find a list of just some of the 87 chemicals found by the EWG in Febreze Air Effects, listed in order of their toxicity to humans:
  • BHT - Known as a neurotoxin, endocrine disruptor, immunotoxicity, non-reproductive organ system toxicity, skin eye and lung irritator
  • Propylene Glycol - Causes cancer, allergies, toxic to immune system, accumulates in the system, non-reproductive organ system toxin, is classified with "enhanced skin absorption" and irritates the skin, eye and lung
  • 1,3-Dichloro-2-propanol - Carcinogenic (causes cancer)

Now that I got that caveat out of the way, here's just some of the ways we use Dr. Schulze's Air Detox:


  • Bathroom Air Freshener Why does pooh smell bad to humans? Well, here's a little known fact I recently learned. Anyone who's ever had a dog knows that poop does not smell bad to a dog, but it usually smells very bad to us. The reason? Dogs will eat doo-doo as a nutritional supplement because their pooh often contains undigested food and essential nutrients. Doo-doo for us can be deadly as human pooh is riddled with e-coli and other health-hazards, hence pooh smells bad to us, good to dogs.
  • Travel/Airplane Disinfectant I spray this on me before flying as it helps the air around me smell better and I swear stay more fresh. Because the oils in Air Detox are disinfectant, it also (potentially) disinfects the air around me. Could be psycho-somatic, but it seems to help. I'll even spray it directly on me during the flight to refresh. So far, I've not gotten any complaints about the smell (it actually smells pretty good).
  • Spray Air and Furniture after we've had clients or guests at our home Marcus and I love our friends and clients, but people bring in their own germs, smells and whathaveyou, especially since Marcus teaches martial arts and sometimes we hang out at home after class. Air Detox helps freshen and neutralize the air, especially when we have people here (myself and Marcus included) with post-martial arts stank.
  • Natural Mosquito Repellent This is perhaps the most essential of all uses for Air Detox because as much as I do my best to see the good in all things, I have a hard time seeing the good in mosquitoes. War, greed, fascism, rape, disease, GMO, and hunger too, but mosquitoes, I'm still learning to love. Air Detox saves me from the awful toxicity of deet and the nasty smell of Skin So Soft or other "natural" mosquito repellents that I'm not sure are all that natural. I like spraying it on my clothing when I'll be out at night when mosquitoes are likely.
  • Eucalyptus/Therapeutic steam bath at home! Dr. Schulze's website recommends spraying Air Detox profusely when running a hot bath in the bathroom to create your at-home eucalyptus steam bath. It's lovely.
It may be pricier than other air fresheners or mosquito repellents, but it lasts a lot longer because it's so concentrated. Because I'm not in a high-germ area (like a clinic, spa or hospital), I cut it with 50% water (but shake before spraying to mix). Also, you can make your own using similar ingredients, just make sure you get eucalyptus (or peppermint) and citrus (orange and/or grapefruit) oils, as these seem to have the most potent  detoxifying effects.


Here's the link for Dr. Schulze's website and Air Detox. We also love his Super-Food + and all of his detox products and programs, especially detox tea (which I drink instead of regular tea or coffee). Best on the market. Also, since Dr. Schulze products are grown and produced in the United States, they don't get irradiated like imported herbs. I don't believe Schulze is certified organic, but based on our research and experience, his products are equivalent to organic or better, as many of them are wild harvested in areas that have never seen pesticides or GMO, so that's a bonus.

Let me know what you think.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. I love Dr. Schulze's Air Detox, too. It really helps keep my bedridden mother's room smelling good. Is it less expensive to make my own? Seems all those oils would cost as much as his product.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the cost evens out, but if you want to emphasize a certain scent/oil, making your own with similar oils is an option. Glad you like it too. Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. TҺanks to my father who informed me on the tlpic of this webѕite, this blog is iin fact remarkable.


    Feel free to surf to my web page ... dianyamould.com; ,

    ReplyDelete