Share |

Monday, August 16, 2010

I hate pantyhose.

But I really like superheros. Generally, and the movies that are made about them.

I also like this tv show called Top Shot. It was on the history channel, though I watched it on Hulu because I cannot abide all those commercials. (In lieu of online viewing or hulu, I'd use DVR.)

Does that make me a tomboy?

I also have guy friends who I've had as friends for years...longer than any female friends, though I have female friends for 10+ years. My oldest friend is someone I've basically known since birth, since he's a few years older, and his parents are my god-parents. He has a sister, but still, he and I are ultimately close...

I don't really like to watch sports on television, so that might take away some votes in favor of tomboyness.

But the reason I don't like watching sports on television is because I grew up with a football coach for a father (another factor in favor of my tomboyishness), and I really liked going to watch his games because I knew him and all the players. With pro sports, I always think, What do I care who wins? I don't know these people! But for fans, I suppose they feel like they know them, even though they don't.

I like to lift weights and be fit, though I still have breasts (which indicates that I'm not so crazy-obsessed with working out that I've lost the natural female body-fat that allows us to have breasts).

I hate the tv show The Bachelor (or ette). I've tried to watch because I have a friend who works on it, but it's just too hard for me to palette. Is that a gender thing? Don't women usually like that show?

I like Gordon Ramsey. Though I'm late to that fan-base. I like his directness. But I don't like Kelly Ripa. Or Rachael Ray. Nothing personal, as I don't personally know either one of them, but they just rub me the wrong way and I think I'd go into sugar/adrenalin shock if I spent too much time with either one of them. That or my eyes would get stuck in a permanent eye-roll, which no one wants. 

I also don't like sappy. I roll my eyes at that too. The movie Hitch is a good example. I thought it kind of sucked.

But I do look great in a dress.

And I liked When Harry Met Sally and The Princess Bride. Though I know plenty of guys who like both those films.

So, all things considered, or at least all of the aforementioned things considered, am I a tomboy? 

I suppose I skirt the line.

Which, for me, isn't so bad. Because I like to watch History channel shooting competitions, and I like wearing dresses.

But I hate pantyhose.

Doesn't everybody?

Though I do love fishnet stalkings... as long as they don't cinch my waist.

3 comments:

  1. So, here's something you might want to see..
    http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/tfr/1902748942.html


    Now send me anything you've got where I can see a lot of breasts

    ReplyDelete
  2. pantyhose are the sexiest part of a woman's outfit. bare legs suck!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really? You think pantyhose are sexy? I agree that stockings can be sexy, especially thigh-high fishnets or diamond-cut (two of my favorites), but the pantyhose I speak of are the old-school, control-top, pinch your waist pantyhose that secretaries wear under their polyester business suits. You should try wearing a pair and see how sexy you feel in them!

    But, of course, to each his or her own!

    Peace out,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete