Share |

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Laughter, Elation & Wonderment - The Up-Side of Releasing

I have a busy day today so this will be a quick one... We're filming more for the television show/documentary Marcus and I are creating/developing.

Recently Marcus facilitated a friend doing some releasing, or as I sometimes call it "release work."

If you've done this, you know what it's about. If you haven't, here it is in a nut shell.

Emotions, experiences, beliefs, fears, trauma, et cetera, are almost always carried in our bodies. They get released or vetted throughout our lives, especially in dreams and body work (if it's good, and usually intense body work), but from what I've seen, deliberate release usually helps really get it out.

Release work or releasing can be anything that I listed above, but to really get it out, it should be deliberate - crying, screaming, moaning, deep body work, tantrum-throwing. It basically looks like the girl from Exorcist but without the pea soup...

Or with the pea soup.

Almost anything goes. Almost.

It sounds pretty nasty and intense, no?

Well here's the good news and I'm sure I'll write more about it in a future blog...


Every time I've experienced it, witnessed it or facilitated it...the release work always ends with laughter and/or elation and/or wonderment.

Why? Who the fuck knows for sure. Well, maybe some shaman or gurus or holy men/women out there know. Me, I think it's because underneath all of that crap (I know I should love it but it feels like crap!) is laughter, elation and wonderment.

I'm sure all that thrashing around releases endorphins and whatnot, but it seems to me that a sort of popping takes place that sort of releases all of the tension (or in the case of Ms. Exorcist, pea soup).

Hopefully, this will encourage anyone hesitant or afraid of what they might experience or discover if they let themselves really get into releasing their demons, skeletons or whatever else they're afraid of releasing and unleashing.

Have lots of pillows, good quality water (natural spring water or high-ph water is best), and one or two experienced facilitators with you. Trust me. These essentials are non-negotiable.

Last time I really did this, I experienced all three...

Laughter, Elation & Wonderment.

I also fell in awe or more familiarly, in love with myself. Not as narcissism, but as wonderment.

Another benefit to having facilitators - witnesses. I have witnesses.

Let me know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment