Share |

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Up - The Power of Storytelling by Pixar

I happened across the movie Up on television recently.

I've seen it before, and while I don't remember ALL the details, I remember the general story and especially the 4 minutes in the beginning showing Carl & Ellie's life together.

It gets me every time. Every single time.

I know what's going to happen. I know they aren't able to have children. I know life & life's unexpected expenses intervene and prevent them from going on their big adventure. I know she dies.

But still, tears brim over as I witness this four-minute recap of this fictional couple. I feel silly but kind of enjoy the fact that all it takes is really good storytelling through visual narration and music.


How does it effect you?


1 comment:

  1. Katie, I bawl every time I watch it. I have even ugly cried watching it. The first time I saw it was in the theater with Bubs. I was sitting at the Pantages, Bubs on my right and this guy on my left. He was with his girlfriend, and I did not know him. I realized after those minutes were over, I was sobbing and holding Bubs hand and gripping the guys arm next to me.

    ReplyDelete