Share |

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Golf is better than sex..... & Beware of text messages

My Dad said this to me the other day...

"I think your Mom might be having an affair."

WTF?!?

Dad, what? 

Background: My parents have been married for 45+ years and they still love, like and enjoy each other. For real. Recently my Mom went to their vacation home in Florida solo and they both seriously missed each other! How cute is that? I was highly doubtful that my mother was having an affair.

Dad, what makes you think that?

He continued, "because I found these text messages on the cel phone that said I love you and Meet me later."

He handed me his samsung flip-phone so I could look over the text messages to see who'd been sending secret love messages to my mother.

I couldn't find anything in the in- or out-going text message mailboxes. (Side-note: My parents never text to me. The one time I sent my Dad a text message to show him how it works, he looked at it and said, "how do I delete this?")

I asked him to show me where he found these so he took the phone back for about 30 seconds, found what he was looking for and handed it back to me.

The very top of the list of text messages that indeed said I love you and meet me later said Message Templates.


Hahahahahaha.

Truth is, my parents are too old to have affairs. No offense intended. But ask anyone who's had an affair - from what I've seen, it may be exciting, but it takes a lot of energy and is a lot of freaking work. My parents would rather golf, from what I can tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment